Home and Property Projects

Post date: Jul 11, 2020 9:31:5 PM

With the Summer upon us and nowhere else to go many of us are taking on projects around our Island Pond properties. Please be aware there are permits that may be required for any building or shoreline projects that you are contemplating.

Attached is a poster (got-permits.pdf below) from the N.H. Department of Environmental Services that provides an overview of when permits from DES may be required for construction projects. This is not an all inclusive list of permits required by the state or town.

Please review this list and also contact the Town of Washington before any work is started to avoid issues later on.

Link to N.H. DES website: https://www.des.nh.gov/index.htm


The Town of Washington has a permit process for building, changes, decks, etc. Please contact the town selectmen for their requirements:

Phone: (603) 495-3661

website: https://www.washingtonnh.org/selectmen (has e-mail link)


Deed restrictions exist for all properties within the Washington Lake Estates subdivision. See the document titled WLA Covenants in the Resource Center on the left. If you have any questions please contact a WLA board member.